Friday 11 March 2011

A Brief History of my Time In Nationalist Politics

It has been suggested to me that I write about my time in White Nationalism, by a good comrade. And seeing as how this is my own blog, I have decided to write and post it here. I am going to make it as short as I can, and will avoid mentioning any unpleasantness.

I have always been a believer in nationalism per se, although I have to admit that during my teenage years I had no idea about the Jews, in fact I don’t recall ever seeing one until traveling to London on a coach aged 16 (Golders Green on a Saturday afternoon, I was truly shocked). I did send off to become a member of the NF as a teenager, and although I don’t remember ever getting a membership card I did receive many letters asking for donations. The only other member of my family that I can remember who was involved in Nationalism was my Great Grandfather Norman Leigh, who was in the NF in Earlham Manchester. I only met him a few times before he died in the mid 1970’s, and never had the chance to properly talk to him as I was only a child back then.

I must admit I had forgotten about Nationalism when I first left school, as I was homeless for a while, living in various slum bed and breakfast accommodations after leaving my hometown of Scunthorpe North Lincolnshire, to find work in Brighton East Sussex. Later I settled down and all my energy went into working and providing for my ever growing family.

Then one day in the year two thousand, I got my first internet capable computer. Not really knowing what to do with the damn thing, I typed many different words into search engines, and found myself joining a number of Clubs on Yahoo. It was there I got talking to some people from the United States. They told me about White Nationalism and the Fourteen Words, and invited me to join their club. It was all very interesting, and great fun, and I would talk to these people online almost every day. After a while I was in so many White Nationalist clubs, that I had to leave any other clubs I had joined.

It would have been about eighteen months or so that I started to receive an online ezine called White Nationalist Report (WNR), if my memory serves me correctly it was sent out by Aryan Unity. WNR was posted on the all the White Nationalist Yahoo Clubs, (which later were abandoned by Yahoo in favour of Yahoo Groups), weekly, and I remember looking forward to them. Then one day an English member of one of my groups suggested I join a chat room that was run by some British White Nationalists, and told me to look in after seven in the evening. I saved the link and joined the chat that night, and found myself chatting to White Nationalists from all over the country. The host of the room called himself Wotan; I later found out that this was John (Griff) Wood. Griff seemed to know everything, and I suppose it could be said that he took me under his wing, later inviting me to join the now deleted FSID and BUF groups. Soon I was talking to the man who wrote the WNR, and he told me about a new party called the White Nationalist Party, which I later joined. And that was when the fun really started.

I remember my first meeting like it was yesterday, it was in December 2002, in Blackburn Lancs. I stayed the weekend with friends in Dewsbury, and travelled to Blackburn on the Sunday morning. I was held up by the trains running late and phoned the organiser of the meeting. He told me that if I looked around the train that a certain “Peter” was on there too. I had no idea what this fellow looked like, but could hear a mobile phone conversation in the seats behind me. I looked round guessing it was him, I asked the fellow if his name was Peter, and sure enough he had been there all along. I was relieved as he was due to speak, so there was no chance of them starting without him, also I’d never been to Blackburn and had no idea how to find my way around.

The meeting was great, the speakers had me clenching my fist, blood boiling at some of the things we were being told. I won the raffle twice, two bottles of wine, one of which I shared with the lad sitting next to me because he had no money for a drink. Just before the end of the meeting two sheets of paper were handed to each of us, they had the words of two songs typed on them, Tomorrow Belongs to Me and Jerusalem, we had to sing! After the meeting we had a couple of pints in the pub downstairs, and then went to the organiser’s house in Blackburn for more drinks and some take away food. I then Travelled as far as Leeds on the train with Griff, before heading back to my friend’s house in Dewsbury. But that was it, first meeting, and now I had met some of the people I had chatted to online, I also had the party badge, which I wore everywhere I went from that day on. It wasn’t long before I became local organiser for Brighton and Hove, opened up a BrightonWNP email box and designed a free website.

I continued going to meetings and met a good few people, then in February 2004 I read an article in a Sunday newspaper. It was reported that the paedophile murderer and kidnapper Russell Bishop of Brighton had served fourteen years of his life sentence, and was applying for parole. I remembered the name of this piece of filth, he had been charged with the “Babes in the Woods” murder and sexual assault of two girls aged nine and ten back in 1996, but was acquitted due to a problem with the evidence provided. His luck ran out in 2000 however, when he abducted a seven year old girl and later left her for dead, naked in the countryside near Devils Dyke. Fortunately some passers-by saw the little girl and took her to the police. Later he was found guilty of kidnap and attempted murder, he was sentenced to life, however the judge had recommended he serve a minimum of only fourteen years. I scoured the internet hoping to find some sort of local group organising against his parole, but nobody seemed to be doing anything. And so I printed and out on sticky paper some two hundred and fifty stickers, and cut them myself with scissors. They were big stickers, about five by three inches, and they said; “Russell Bishop is due to be released. We at the White Nationalist Party believe he should have been hanged. Join us and help us put a stop to repeat sex offenders by hanging them the first time they are caught!” The parties PO Box and email address, plus the address of my Brighton WNP website were printed at the bottom. The next day a “young lady from the Whitehawk estate”, posted on the Brighton Argus forum enquiring about the stickers, this caused quite a row. Anyway Bishop wasn’t released, and Brighton now knew that the WNP were here. Local reds didn’t like my efforts; they were soon congratulating each other after contacting the hosts of my website and getting it shut down. Perhaps they believe paedophiles should be free to walk our streets, typical left wing scum.

In November 2004 I was promoted to the position of National Group Co-ordinator, and became a member of the National Council of the WNP. This didn’t last long however, as in June 2005 I along with all the other NC members voted to dissolve the WNP and join a new party called the Nationalist Alliance (NA), of course this was under the condition that all former WNP members would be given free membership for the first year. I was given the position of South East Regional Organiser, and was desperate to make the people aware of us in this region.

I organised a meeting for Sunday the tenth of July 2005, I had a venue in a pub in North Brighton, and had set a rendezvous point at a nearby train station. Unfortunately the rv location was published on the party website, although Griff, (who was he National Organiser) assured me this would be alright, I was sceptical. And my scepticism was right, I found this out one day before the meeting was due to take place. I had a phone call from the landlady of the venue I had booked. She had been called by the local police asking if she was hosting a meeting and asking for me by name. She caved in and admitted that she was and the police made several threats, including opposing her license, so regretfully she was forced to cancel. As I frantically phoned around looking for another venue, I was interrupted by a call from the local press. They had heard about the meeting from local reds led by one Tony Greenstein of Brighton UAF. He had organised two coachloads of soap dodgers, to picket my rv. I didn’t want to talk to the press, and so passed them on to the party chairman in Leeds. Luckily enough the very next pub I called agreed to host the meeting, even closing the premises and giving us the entire pub to ourselves.

The next day a comrade and I drove to Rottingdean to our new rv, Griff was there with John Tyndall and a few other senior members. We waited for the others to arrive, then drove to the venue in Brighton. I chaired that day for the first time, and spoke for the first time too, it is nerve-wracking and I had a nice double scotch beforehand to calm myself. After I spoke the lovely Tess Culnane gave a wonderful speech, we then had a break. During the break we had a collection and an auction, raising enough money for me to open a post box and buy sandwiches for everybody from a café across the road. Rousing speeches were then made by my guest speaker John Tyndall, (unfortunately this was to be his last), and John Wood. My first meeting, against all the odds, was a success!

My time in the NA, unfortunately, was short and sweet. That November I was called to meet John Wood in Sheffield, where after a pleasant evening out and a good night’s sleep we would drive to Leeds. I didn’t really know what it was all about until we set off in the morning, but that was the day when along with Kevin Watmough and Eddy Morrison, we founded the British People’s Party (BPP). This of course meant a break between us (and many former WNP members) from the NA. Sometimes I look back and wish that I had never gone along with, or been a part of this, as I lost contact with many people I both liked and respected.

Being part of the beginning of the BPP was an honour, and I must admit that it was exiting in many ways. As usual everything was run from Leeds, but I was used to that. There were a few squabbles, and John Wood left the party. But we muddled through, and soon I had a couple of comrades in the South who I would drive to events with.

It wasn’t long before I turned my hand to writing, I had never seen anything I had written printed by anyone before, and to see short articles and poems published in Imperium and Vanguard, (the BPP’s own publications), was indeed a thrill. I also enjoyed any chance I got to speak at meetings, unfortunately this played havoc with my nerves, and often I would have to have had a good drink before taking my place on the top table.

I did, for a short time abandon the BPP, and threw my lot in with the British National Party (BNP).

It was a very warm and sunny afternoon in Saltdean, when BNP leader Nick Griffin met me on the underpass for a pleasant walk and a chat. We stopped briefly at a pub in Rottingdean for a pint, it was the same pub where I had had my rv with the late John Tyndall and my old NA comrades, before that meeting in Brighton. He agreed to allow me to join the party and after walking back along the underpass, we shook hands and he left.

To start off with, my six month probationary membership was most satisfactory. I did some leafleting in my local area, and travelled to the North West in July for the 2006 Red White & Blue festival. It was here that I got the chance to put many more faces to the names of people I had communicated with on the internet. I helped the Crawley Branch, (of which we were a part), as anchor-man in the inter-branch tug of war competition, we were knocked out in the quarter finals by the eventual winners. In the evening there was live entertainment, a beer tent, and a massive firework display. The following afternoon we all stood and listened to a long and passionate speech by Nick Griffin, all of which I found myself in total agreement with. We then packed away our camping equipment, and boarded our many coaches, cars, etc, and travelled home.

Later in the year I made a couple of trips back to the North West, where I met some wonderful people and great Nationalists, I will never forget their kindness and generosity.

Unfortunately my time in the BNP lasted just six months, and I was expelled just before my probationary period was up. I had made some unacceptable comments about a particular nationality on an internet forum. I did realise what I had posted when I sobered up and deleted it, but it was far too late by then, the damage had been done.

After a couple of months and much soul searching I re-joined the BPP, and I swore to myself that this would be my last attempt at politics. Some great times were to follow, and I found myself traveling up and down the motorways of Great Britain, attending all manner of activities. I won’t even attempt to list all the uplifting and invigorating experiences I had, as I tried to make an impact in the name of White Nationalism. This was after all supposed to be a brief recollection of my time in the movement, so I will just mention the times that stand out the most as I reminisce. I can only hope that I get these in the correct order, and that the dates are accurate enough.

Over the course of two years I was asked to do many things that, in all honesty, were an absolute honour. A bunch of guys called the Patriots Of White European Resistance, (POWER), asked me to make a speech at their Hyde Park vigil, for white victims of racist murders. It was unreal, we just turned up and took out our banners and flags on Speakers Corner, the Sunday crowd didn’t know what hit them.

I was asked by some National Front (NF) organisers to help them with a protest against Gay Pride in my home town of Brighton in 2007. Not the most pleasant experience, but that was the fault of the police and the hordes of homosexuals, not my fellow Nationalist protesters. Afterwards we all went back to my house; as we all needed a little time to calm down.

The BPP had been asked to host a meeting in Leeds for Lady Michelle Renough. It was to be the first time she had ever addressed a White Nationalist audience in the UK, and I was honoured when asked to chair the meeting.

I had the idea of a Senior White Nationalist Forum meeting, which was meant to be a unity meeting and all the different leading people were invited. I must admit that as a unity event this was by no means a success. Almost every other group sent their apologies, and as this was an invite only event the turnout was low. However I did have the privilege of meeting an amazing German gentleman, and one time chairman of the NPD who had spent time in prison for “questioning the holocaust”. We picked Günter Deckert up outside Gatwick Airport, and I had a pleasurable conversation with him as we drove up to Leeds. The next day he addressed our meeting, and later we drove him back to London.

Aonther day I had a call from our Brighton & Worthing organiser, who had got wind of a march through Redhill in Surrey, of Muslims in celebration of Mohamed’s birthday. We only had a couple of days to organise, and the march was arranged for Easter Sunday of all days! It was surreal, there was only five of us with our banners proclaiming that Easter Sunday was our religious holiday, and of course our big Union Flag. On the other side of the road we could see approaching some five hundred Muslims. As they got closer the two policemen stood behind us said that they could not guarantee our safety, not that we had asked them to. Soon they came close enough for us to see George Galloway leading the way, along with the local Imam. The traitorous red scumbag and his smelly friends marched past without much incident. I then agreed to be interviewed by the Surrey Mirror, on the condition that they wouldn’t give us a negative press, and they actually kept their word.

Unfortunately the Redhill Demo was to be my last contribution as a political activist; I soon quit the BPP and walked away from politics forever. I do miss those times, the buzz I used to get when everything went as planned, and the reds were falling over themselves in despair as they tried to rubbish us. For a while I didn’t think I would ever experience the same camaraderie again, then came a voice from the past. My old comrade Mark Galpin, former Crawley WNP organiser contacted me, I hadn’t heard from him in years! He was a member of a street active group called the British Freedom Fighters, (BFF), and he wanted me to join their internet forum and make a few thought provoking posts. He was the Southeast Organiser, and pretty soon he was asking me to join. I had said I would never join anything again, but when Mark phoned to say I was an honorary member, how could I say no? Besides, as a wise old comrade, 9Eddy Morrison), used to tell me, never say never in politics. I have been a member of the BFF for a while now, and have met and spoken to some fantastic people. Would I go back to politics? To be honest I don’t know about the future, but not right now. Maybe I would consider it if there was a little more unity and less bickering between the different parties. Other groups are managing to rub along together without any trouble at all; proof that unity can be achieved. But then I recently revisited the forums, seems like nothing appears to have changed there, has it?

I think here is the best place to mention the untimely deaths of John Tindall and John Wood. I miss them both in different ways, and in different ways I’d learned from them both. I think it is fair to say that both men were great nationalists and fine human beings to boot. Also over the last few years we have lost two other great men with the passing of Collin Jordan and David Lane. I for one believe they will all be watching us from Valhalla, Rest in Peace my Brothers.

Also I would like to mention my friend and BFF leader / comrade Mike Heaton, who is in prison on trumped up “race act” charges. I shall be heading north to see him when he is released, and we will be having a few drinks.

That is about all I have to say, sure enough anything I have missed out, or alternative versions of events can be found on the gossip forums, but I would advise any serious White Nationalists to avoid those depressing hotbeds of stirrers and political masturbators. There are so many better things you can do with your time, let the old women (most of whom were once men) chat away to themselves on Stormfront, VNN, et al.

That’s it!

1 comment:

  1. An excellent article. Your experiences mirror mine to a point, yet you were more deeply involved than I ever was. I too was an NF and then a WNP member in the mid 2000's, and I understand completely the 'buzz' you speak of as some of the marches and demos I went on with the NF were the proudest days of my life.
    Stay safe brother.

    ReplyDelete

I have decided not to allow posts on this blog by anyone other than myself. Pathetic individuals well one (I know who you are) are leaving stupid messages that i just delete, so what is the point?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.